As promised, here is one of our family favorite soup recipes:
I often make this soup to use what we have in the fridge, or when someone has a cold, or when I think of my grandma and this soup was the only one I liked as a kid!
She used to make it with carrots, leeks, zuchinis, a bit of celery and 1 potatoe. I typically use winter vegatables and mix the following combination:
Ingredients (for a family of 4 with 2 adults and 2 kids):
- 4 medium carrots
- 2 leeks
- 1 or 2 potato(es)
- chicken broth or bouillon
- peel carrots and potatoe and cut roughly in 4 pieces
- cut both ends of your leeks and remove the first layer – dump in water to remove all dirt.
- add all vegetables to boil in a large pot
- add at least a quart of broth (can be your own chicken or vegatable stock, water + bouillon (cube or paste) to cover all the veggies
- once cooked (all vegetable should be tender), adjust to taste (adding water if too thick), adding slat and pepper, herbs or spices
- and mix with a hand mixer
- serve while hot!
Let me know how it goes if/when you try it!